Pezzo Bello Interiors Blog
Inspiration Monday - Come On In - Front Door Design September 08 2015, 0 CommentsYour front door is a focal point, the first impression on anyone entering your home. Make sure it reflects your style while sticking with the style of your home. Go bold or stick with the traditional. Either way, there are a multitude of materials, sizes, shapes, colors and designs to choose from for your front door. Here are just a few ideas to get your started.
Sturdy and Strong - Wood Doors
Iron Works - Iron and Glass Doors
Out of the Box - Modern, Contemporary Doors
Going Bold - Pop of Color
Take the Party Outdoors - Outdoor Entertaining Tips August 17 2015, 0 CommentsIt's almost that time of year again. The weather is starting to cool and you are ready to take your entertaining outdoors. There is nothing like the fresh air to create a nice atmosphere. The great outdoors provides many positive aspects of entertaining, but it does take some preparation and thought. Here are some outdoor entertaining tips for making your next outdoor gathering a success.
- Pay Attention to Mother Nature There is nothing like planning an outdoor get-together only to have it rain. Make sure you have a plan b. Mother nature has a mind of her own and if you don't have a backup plan it's almost guaranteed to provide a hiccup. Along those same lines, make sure you are prepared for other weather related issues. If it's going to be hot, make sure you have enough fans, water and cooling area. On the other extreme, if it's going to be cool, provide blankets, heaters or a fire pit.
- Prep the Yard Make sure you mow your lawn and trim your trees. No one wants to stand in grass to their knees and your trees should allow for walking without ducking, so that even your tallest guest should be ok. If you are in an area with a lot of bugs, spray your grass a few days before, or provide bug spray for guests as they arrive. No one wants to leave a party with bites up and down their legs.
- Allow for Shaded Areas Most people will seek out shaded areas. If you can, provide shade with umbrellas or canopies. It never hurts to have a few extra umbrellas in open areas especially in the extreme heat. If you can, provide sunscreen for your guests as well. Red as a lobster is not a good departing gift.
- Take a Seat Like the shade, people want to sit down as well. Provide plenty of seating areas. Place chairs in clusters for conversation. Put blankets in the grass and provide tables for guests to set drinks and food.
- Feeding the Masses Always plan to have more food than you need. In fact plan for about 50% more, especially snack type foods. As for the type of food. Keep with the theme or make it a potluck. Simple, classic, finger foods are always nice and make it easy for your guests to munch without needing all the extra utensils. Fruit and veggies, chips and dip, anything grilled, rollups, and deli sandwiches are always nice, simple food choices.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate Provide an assortment of drinks, or tell the guests ahead of time what you plan to provide so they can accommodate for anything they may want instead.
- Ambiance with Music Set the mood with music. It doesn't need to be loud, but there should be something playing in the background. What type of music depends on the crowd. Some parties will allow for loud, fast music, while others are better with soft, slow coffeehouse type music. Use your judgement. Don't play it too loud, more than likely you will want your guests to have good conversation as well.
- Decorate with a Theme A theme makes decorating for the party easier and makes it look great as well. It doesn't need to be a full blown theme but at least pick the colors you would like to use and a few items to bring it all together. You can incorporate them with your tablecloths, centerpieces, hanging decor, serving ware, and more.
- Yard Games Yard games are a great way to get people involved in the party, break the ice and keep everyone entertained. There are so many great games to play outdoors. Some favorites are corn hole, yahtzee, jenga, ladder golf and washers. Even just a few footballs or basketballs are great to have just sitting around.
- Have Fun After all the prep work is complete, it's time to sit back and relax. Enjoy the party and your company.
Heating Up - Fire Pits June 16 2014, 0 CommentsThis time of year in Kansas City, can be either extremely hot, 90's and humid or beautiful 70's and 80's. We have gotten the latter this year and are relishing the moments we have outside, for we know it will not last! The warm afternoons are great for hanging out with friends, going to the park or sitting by the pool. And the cooler evenings lend themselves to bonfires, electric heaters and our favorite, fire pits. The heat of summer is coming, but it is definitely not too late to get your bit of warmth. Spring may be coming to a close, but Fall is a wonderful time to enjoy your fire pit as well. And there may even be a few days in mid-summer that you can take advantage of the light heat. Luckily, they are pretty easy to find, too. If you want something simple and inexpensive, most big box stores, or online, carry a few versions. If you are looking for a complete oasis there are many beautiful ways a professional can build a fire pit area. And for those adventurous types, there are even some great do-it-yourself options. You can go with natural wood fire or propane options. This comes down to personal preference. Wood is messy and harder to start, but the smell of wood burning is the payout. Propane, is less messy and very easy to start (just click a switch) but you lose the smell of a wood burning fire.
Any type you choose, you will be soon be warming up on those cool nights.
Bring the Kitchen Outdoors - Outdoor Kitchen Inspiration May 14 2014, 0 CommentsSpring is finally in the air and all we can think about is spending more time in the sunshine! If you love to spend time outdoors, why not create a backyard oasis to enjoy that much deserved downtime. There are many aspects to making your outdoors comfortable and inviting; kitchen, pool/hot tub, garden, play area, etc. We will discuss all of these in depth in a series of blog posts. Lets start with the kitchen. What would make cooking so much better... fresh air and sunshine, of course. So step out of your cramped kitchen and enjoy the outdoors while you prepare your feast! Lets start with some inspiration, here are some of our favorite outdoor kitchen designs. (Teaser: we have one we are designing right now, that you are going to love...pics soon!)
Contemporary Patio by Encinitas Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers debora carl landscape design
Traditional Patio by Omaha Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers Olive Branch Integrated Outdoor Design
Contemporary Patio by Sydney Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers A Better Life Outside Pty Ltd
Next week we will go into more depth on things to consider when designing your outdoor kitchen.
If you are ready to create your backyard oasis, contact us today to set up your consultation!